Senior / Principal Engineer - Water and Environment
Location - East Grinstead
Following 2 years of continued success and growth within the Water and Environment team, we are expanding our teams across all levels to support our delivery of a variety of projects in the Rivers and Coastal sector whilst supporting our Water, Rail, Highways and Tunnels divisions. Our key clients include the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and other leading national and international infrastructure providers.
We deliver projects in the UK and across the globe. We have successfully delivered many high profile projects including the award-winning Newhaven Flood Alleviation Scheme, Dalmuir Wastewater Treatment Works in Scotland and the £400M Shatin-Central Link Cross-Harbour Tunnels in Hong Kong.
Role & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior/Principal Civil Engineer to help us grow our team. As part of your role you will take responsibility for providing technical expertise and leading technical delivery on a wide variety of projects, including asset assessment and management plans, design of civil engineering works and site supervision.
As part of your role you will lead on specific technical aspects of projects from feasibility to detailed design and will support and provide advice to more junior members of the team.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the projects you deliver take due regard for the latest Health and Safety policies and practices, including working in accordance with the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
As the successful Senior / Principal Engineer you are likely to have:
- A robust understanding of civil engineering principles and their practical application with particular knowledge in the water environment.
- Experience of the preparation and supervision of outline and detailed designs, including calculations drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of CDM regs.
- Design of flood defenses; such as retaining walls; earth embankments; soft engineering solutions; flood gates etc.
- Hydraulic analysis, including weirs and gates discharge capacity; hydraulic jump; scour protection etc.
Rewards & Benefits
In return we will give you an opportunity to earn up to £45,000 including a competitive company package.
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV to Richard De-la-haye at R.email@example.com