Job Title: Cost Planner
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 (dependent on experience) + package
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Start Date: ASAP
I am working with a main contractor in the Berkshire area who are looking for a Cost Planner due to growth of business. They are looking for a Cost Planner with 4-7 years' worth of experience through the main contracting market.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract
- Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme
- Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams
- Manage and control programme information
- Identify and allocate of resources and monitoring of budget and cost
- Accountable for implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
- Assist the Control Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
- Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge
- Understand the constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
- Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverables requirement.
- Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
- Attend tender handover meeting, discuss about the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
- Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
- Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
- Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
- Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. minimum of HNC/HND in relevant discipline)
- Comprehensive programme delivery experience
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, resource allocation and general management
- Experience in risk identification and assessment
- Detailed knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining a works programme
- Knowledge of full MS Office suite including Project, Project Server and SharePoint
Salary and benefits:
£60,000 - £65,000 (dependent on experience) plus 26 days holiday, single persons health insurance, pension scheme, car allowance (grade dependent on experience), company car.
If interested, please click the apply button now!