Blackburn and Darwen
One of the largest and fastest growing consultancies in the UK infrastructure and property markets. With 3,700 staff in 40 UK locations and a turnover in excess of 220m, the company provides a broad range of professional services to the building design, civil engineering, environment, management and transport sectors.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic Chartered surveyor to join our Transactional Estates Team. The post holder will initially be working on a full time commission with Blackburn and Darwen, providing support to the Growth and Development Team. They ambitious plans for the regeneration of Blackburn, and are seeking a surveyor with experience in operating in the commercial market to provide advice and support on valuation, acquisitions, disposals, CPO, development and site amalgamation. Support may also be required to the wider Transactional Estates Team, both within the Blackburn with Darwen Partnership and as part of the national Transactional Estates Tower. The successful candidate would also be encouraged to develop their own career through continuous professional development.
- To support regeneration and redevelopment activity, including engagement with developer companies, other professionals and key stakeholders
- To carry out acquisitions and disposals of a range of property types and locations
- To investigate, evaluate and advise on property related operational requirements for clients including Property Review, Asset Management and Accommodation Utilization.
- To manage property on behalf of clients in a professional and commercially enterprising manner.
As the successful mechanical you are likely to have:
- Professional qualifications a degree in a property or related discipline, and a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Knowledge of the key issues and processes relating to property management and valuation
- A strong commercial acumen with knowledge of the Blackburn and surrounding areas property market.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team with a positive, enthusiastic attitude to work.
Rewards & Benefits
In return we will give you an opportunity to earn up to £41,000.
There are strong career opportunities across the group, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
The culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time-served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
The company invests heavily in its people, recognizing that its staff members are its most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV to Richard De-la-haye at email@example.com