27379 - Product Manager - £575 UMB (Target Rate £525) - Civil Aviation Authority House, Inner London - 6 months
Crown Commercial Service
Role & Responsibilities
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) brings together policy, advice and direct buying; providing commercial services to the public sector and saving money for the taxpayer through a single organisations. This enables us to make savings for customers in both central government and the wider public sector, achieve maximum value from every commercial relationship and improve the quality of service delivery for common goods and services across government.
The way government organisations use technology to deliver better services to citizens is changing and continues to challenge and stress the current way in which access is made to goods and services. CCS has a critical mission to increase its digital enablement so that it can delivery both effectively and efficiently. The ultimate aspiration is to move towards an integrated platform which fully automates end-to-end processes, ideally storing data in one place.
We are looking for a talented individual to take responsibility for development of digital/technology products for workstreams that are delivered by the Digital Services Team (DST). Formulating a product strategy by working with business experts across government, the Product Manager will become the expert in their own workstream, keeping themselves and the team up-to-date with policy, business and user developments and using a range of analytics and insights to drive delivery plans.
As Product Manager you will:
- provide direction and leadership for multidisciplinary product teams in running, supporting and continuously improving products so that they meet user needs
- own and be responsible for developing and articulating a clear vision, achievable goals and measurable objectives for your products
- develop the product strategy and roadmap, regularly iterating these to meet the changing needs
- manage the prioritisation of product development, ensuring a balance of support work so that the products remain reliable, robust and secure, whilst also continuously improving
- lead engagement with stakeholders, users and partner organisations, by running demos and facilitating workshops
- coordinate product development with other programmes and teams across the organisation
- maintain knowledge of the changing digital and technology landscape and the opportunities they provide to improve the delivery of public services in the UK
- coach and mentor other members of the product community, identifying learning and development opportunities for individuals and teams
- have a passion for the product management and other digital delivery specialisms - attending meetups, conferences and learning from peers and other organisations
PERSON SPECIFICATION - SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE/ COMPETENCES
We're looking for someone who has an impressive track-record of leading product teams in agile environments. You'll be guided by the fundamental principles of putting user needs first, focusing on delivery and outcomes over process, and being open and communicative. Success for you means supporting others to deliver to the very best of their abilities.
It's essential that you have experience of:
- product management with a track-record for shipping and evolving great digital products by working in an agile delivery setting
- creating and developing product strategy to secure support for your products and direct the work of delivery teams through all phases of delivery - from discovery to continuous improvement in a live setting
- assessing products and services and giving constructive feedback and guidance on priorities and improvements
- having great working relationships with a variety of disciplines involved in digital delivery, including engineering, service design, performance analysis and delivery management
- engagement with senior stakeholders, including suppliers, coordinating activity across a number of programmes and teams toward common objectives
- setting, monitoring and reporting measurable performance targets for teams and products
- strong communication skills that enable you to engage with people through a range of channels and explain what you are doing and how you are doing it in clear and compelling ways
It's desirable that you have:
- Previous experience of product management in a government context
- Previous experience of leading a product through government service standard assessments
- familiarity with working with suppliers through the end-to-end procurement process
- have been in a role with a focus on operational maturity and ensuring a consistent approach to user and technical operational support.
1/3/2018 @ 11am
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080