Senior Mechanical Gas Engineer
Location - Manchester.
One of the UK's largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 employees at 50 offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
Role & Responsibilities
To design and develop mechanical engineering solutions for use in the onshore gas and petrochemical industries. The candidate is to be confident and experienced in providing professional engineering advice to both clients and multi-disciplinary teams on issues concerning all aspects of gas infrastructure projects. We are looking for a self-starter who has a very good understanding of AGIs and pipeline design covering the whole project life cycle from feasibility study to detailed design.
- Design & modifications of AGIs and pipelines from feasibility though to detailed design.
- Responsible for key FPSA participation
- Responsible for the development of piping instrumentation diagrams, ELD's, Materials Take-Offs, ISO's etc.
- Responsible for writing specifications for mechanical equipment such as filters, valves, heat exchangers and pressure vessels
- Responsible for undertaking relevant calculations to ensure legislative requirements are met, and process parameters do not exceed the allowable limits.
- Working with equipment vendors on developing designs for equipment packages and reviewing proposals against specification requirements
- Review of designs during both tender proposal and detailed design phases of a project
- Supporting development of plant layouts
As the successful Senior Mechanical Gas Engineer you are likely to have:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent qualifications/experience)
- Experience within the Oil & Gas industry (5yrs)
- Experience of design for National Grid Distribution/Cadent (5yrs)
- Detailed knowledge of National Grid Distribution/Cadent Specifications
- In depth knowledge of gas processes and associated process conditions
- Experience of working with the G/17 & G/35 process
- Chartered Mechanical Engineer status (C.Eng preferred, I.Eng minimum)
- Knowledge of national and international codes and standards used within the industry covering design and manufacturing requirements of plant equipment and piping
- Experience working under ISO9001 Quality Management systems
- Experience and knowledge of NGT and IDN specific standards and specifications
- Experience of carrying out AGI and piping modifications designs
- Experience of working with mechanical designers and pipe stress engineers
- Experience of working under their own initiative and as a specialist within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers
- Experience of working with clients and contractors with a diverse range of objectives in achieving a bespoke technical solution.
Rewards & Benefits
In return we will give you an opportunity to earn up to £50,000 along with a competitive company package.
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV to Richard De-la-haye at email@example.com