Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager - residential build, Hampshire
CLIENT OVERVIEW: Our Client is an iconic national house builder that has been listed on the stock market for over 30 years.
During the 1990s the Group grew organically, establishing an unrivalled track record of consistent growth. Following several successful acquisitions in the nineties the group now delivers over 10,000 units per annum though network of over 25 house building divisions.
Job Vacancy: SeniorSite Manager
Reporting to: Area Building Manager
Accountable to: Construction Director
Job Purpose: To establish and manage a site workforce capable of constructing homes in a safe and diligent manner, to the highest possible standard, on time and in line with predetermined cost.
Staff: Labourer, Forklift Driver, Apprentices Sub- Contractors and Utility Providers.
Budgets: To manage the construction process of all new homes in an efficient manner thus ensuring that costs are kept within budget
Scope: The Construction Department in an Operating Company is responsible for the company's developments which will vary from time to time including, any of the product range and both greenfield and brownfield locations; ensuring construction of a quality product, safely, within agreed budgets
and timescales and works particularly closely with the Sales Department to ensure Customer satisfaction.
The Department also ensures the company's policy on Health & Safety and the requirements of Health & Safety Legislation are met and safe working practices are actively encouraged.
The post holder is responsible for effectively managing and controlling all aspects of the build process on a development, as specified.
1. To comply with the company Build Policy and Procedures.
2. Supervise and co-ordinate staff, Sub-Contractors, material suppliers and Utility providers to ensure an efficient method of build to the required build quality and build programme.
3. Scheduling work to be carried out to ensure production targets are achieved and high quality of product is maintained.
4. Ensure that production targets are met whilst producing the highest quality of product and ensuring costs are kept within budget.
5. Effective daily use of appropriate company Information Systems and databases.
6. Comply with Site Managers responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health,
Safety & Environment Policy and complete the relevant documentation on a weekly/monthly basis.
7. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
8. Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation's goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
9. Liase with Sales department and customers to ensure the highest possible Customer Care performance/ satisfaction and complete all relevant inspections and documentation.
10. Direct liaison with Sales, Technical and Commercial departments ensuring that up
to date records of all site activities are retained, thereby achieving cost/quality
control; and report on the same to Contracts Managers/Construction Director.
11. Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage
staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the
EXPERIENCE & SKILL SET RQUIREMENTS: To apply you should ideally have a carpentry or bricklaying background, followed by several years specific site management experience with a large volume builder.
SALARY & BENEFITS: To attract the right skills and quality candidates the company can offer an attractive salary including a basic salary to £35-65k, pension, life assurance, company car / allowance and annual bonus scheme.
Please contact Charlotte Hawkins, Specialist Residential Recruiter, on 01489 232080 or email your interest to email@example.com