Job Title: Senior Design Manager
Salary: Competitive salary + package
Start date: ASAP
I am working with a main contractor in the Berkshire area who are looking for an experienced Senior Design Manager to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated managers. The ideal candidate
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage the design process during the pre-construction and as required, the construction phase.
- Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities.
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer's Requirements.
- Production of a Contractor's Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Manage our design process via external consultants.
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design.
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates.
- Review Sub contractor design proposals.
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed.
- Facilitate the completion of a project risk register.
- Attend tender launch /tender adjudication and launch meetings as required
- Commercial awareness.
- Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes.
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage.
- Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.
Rewards and benefits:
The salary is dependent on experience, plus benefits- please get in contact if you wish to know more information about this.
If you would like more information on this role and are interested, please email your CV to email@example.com