This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career as part of a busy, multi-disciplinary, professional practice, which provides a full Property Management service. Urban Vision offers Property Management Consultancy services to a variety of clients, particularly in the Housing, Infrastructure Education and Leisure sectors. Responsible to the Principal Building Surveyor, the successful candidate will provide a professional surveying service to clients.
Role & Responsibilities
As our Mechanical Engineer you will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing our core client, along with an extensive range of external clients, with high quality design and management of mechanical projects and surveys. Your role will also see you supporting the building and compliance surveyors with your specialist knowledge of mechanical services, and assist in the delivery of annual short term and long term cyclical repair programs.
- Design and supervision for and on behalf of clients, all design aspects of the mechanical services (i.e. heating, hot and cold water supplies, air conditioning, ventilation, gas supplies and gas installations) in a variety of properties.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Building Regulations, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations.
- To support the delivery of key areas of compliance inspections and monitoring including asbestos, fire risk assessments, firefighting equipment and systems, water hygiene, electrical inspections, mechanical systems including air conditioning and ventilation and lift maintenance.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project multi-disciplinary teams;
As the successful mechanical you are likely to have:
- Be a professionally qualified associate member of CIBSE or equivalent membership of a professional institution
- Possess the ability to design specify and tender and manage appropriate mechanical contracts to completion
- Possess the ability to survey a building, identify mechanical defects, produce reports and asset management plans and provide recommendations with costings.
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health & Safety, CDM, Building Regulations.
Rewards & Benefits
In return we will give you an opportunity to earn up to £38,000 along with a competitive company package including competitive annual leave, discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV to Richard De-la-haye at email@example.com