Senior civil engineer
Location - Manchester
Our Manchester office is looking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineer to lead and help develop their Civil Engineering team. You all be an integral part of our civil/structural and Geotechnical engineering team producing and managing designs for a variety of Construction projects throughout the UK, across a broad range of sectors including Drainage Infrastructure and Roads. Experience in the private sector is essential. Our Manchester Office is experiencing a renaissance with new leadership and as such offers a great opportunity for an ambitious Engineer looking to progress their career.
Role & Responsibilities
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimizing the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or program, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
- Undertake lead engineer / internal manager role on allocated (concurrent) projects to ensure.
- Successful delivery, to avoid commercial issues or claims, and to achieve the target margin.
- Design and specification for engineering infrastructure, roads and drainage, and survey/inspection work on site.
- Represent and promote the business in meetings (internal and external).
As the successful senior civil engineer you are likely to have:
- Chartered Engineer (Preferable) or, evidence of extensive experience and skills in a senior civil engineering design role if not chartered.
- Highways and Transportation, Institute of Water & Environmental Management), with evidence of ongoing CPD.
- Evidence of up to date skills experience in design of civil engineering and infrastructure works.
- Understanding of CDM Regulations and associated Designers responsibilities.
- Experience of working in multi-discipline design teams.
- At least five years' experience in an engineering design (consultancy) environment.
- Evidence of skills experience in hydraulic design specification of major drainage and sewerage including negotiating relevant sectional agreements with relevant authorities.
- Evidence of skills experience in design of roads, highways and other paved areas including negotiating relevant sectional agreements with relevant authorities.
- Experience of on-site work, construction supervision, inspection or surveys.
Rewards & Benefits
In return we will give you an opportunity to earn up to £65,000 including a competitive company package.
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV to Richard De-la-haye at R.email@example.com