My Sql Administrator, Manchester, Perm
Role & Responsibilities
- Role Purpose:-
- Database designing and implementation.
- Database implementation for large application
- Implementation review and suggest best practices for new implementation..
- Stop and start DB’s.
- Stop and start of listener(s) and other services.
- Install MySQL server, client with respect to appropriate version, release and patch level.
- Install patches, Upgrades minor release, Install and configure new features upon agreement with OpCo.
- Creation of Database (builds and manage database including space and system/infrastructure users.
- Recommendation on what patches to install.
- Upgrades databases according to the Component Catalogue if approved by the appropriate OpCo Application Teams and compliant with the OpCo’s applications hosted.
- Responsible for recovery of the database using backup solutions.
- Maintaining MySQL Standards for set up of Production MySQL DBs
- Maintaining MySQL Standards for set up of Test/Acceptance MySQL DBs
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
- Test database failover test
- DB Performance Management - Pro-active and Tuning Sql and database.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases.
- OEM or grid control
- Predicting future MySQL trends for linear tablespace (per instance) growth and space management.
- Perform data refresh from production systems, wherever the infrastructure is available
- Implement workarounds and solutions to solve incidents and problems, in close collaboration and according to OpCo’s needs.
- Database troubleshooting and problem root cause analysis.
- Secure DB according to security policies
- Auditing/Intruder detection on DBMS level.
- Problem management
- Shell scripting
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080