Building Control Surveyor
Location - North London
Our innovative commercial model was set up in 2013 and brings together the best of public and private sector delivery. Our services include; Planning and development management, building control, land charges, environmental health, trading standards and licensing, cemetery and crematorium, highways, regeneration and strategic planning. Our aim is to create places where people want to invest, live, work and play.
Role & Responsibilities
Prime responsibility for taking decisions on all aspects of Dangerous Structures and responding within 2-hour target time. When necessary to work in accordance with the emergency plan and liaise with other departments of the Council and outside bodies to achieve removal of the dangerous structure. Complete call out reports, issue and serve any required notices.
- Ensure that all works controlled under the Building Regulations and associated legislation are undertaken in such a manner as to comply with substantive provisions.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to all users of the service and recommend innovative and practical solutions to complex building regulation queries.
- Ensure unauthorised work is brought into compliance and lead on any necessary enforcement action under the Building Regulations and Building Act.
As the successful Building control surveyor you are likely to have:
- Previous successful experience in a building control section of a local authority or similar organisation processing complex building regulation applications; enforcing and remedying breaches.
- Good knowledge of current building control legislation, guidance and issues relevant to the post specifically and the service generally.
- Understanding of LABC initiatives such as the Partner Authority and Type Approval schemes.
- Practical understanding of the implications of Health and Safety legislation particularly in relation to personal safety and the safety of others
- Relevant building degree.
- Full driving licence and personal transport.
- Able to make site inspections including ability to climb ladders.
Rewards & Benefits
In return we will give you an opportunity to earn up to £40,000 along with a competitive company package.
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV to Richard De-la-haye at R.email@example.com.