28687 - Commercial Manager, Newcastle, Leeds OR Birmingham (dependant on the applicants location)
Role & Responsibilities
Assessing the existing commercial landscape and looking at the impact on programme delivery. Designing and implementing approaches which ensure effective delivery of the right outcome for the department. Leading on supplier integration with regards to relationship and cost impact upon the department. Clarifying the ability to terminate current contracts, working with programme finance leads to understand impact and realisation of any potential benefits. The ability to renegotiate existing contracts. Managing the impact of existing commercial financial models. Acting as primary point of contact between the incumbent supplier(s) and the department.
- MCIPS Qualified Experience in leading full end-to-end procurement cycle for a range of categories (preferably including professional services and IT), and relevant contracting processes.
- Experience of running full EU procurement tendering exercises, including OJEU.
- Experience of managing supplier performance and relationship programmes to optimise supplier delivery to achieve best value;
- A good working knowledge and relevant experience of contract management practices
- A confident communicator with strong presentation and drafting skills.
- Good relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Good organisational skills; self-starter with an ability to co-ordinate and prioritise.
- Comfortable with working independently and as part of small multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, maintain discretion and use initiative.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the UK health sector; and
- Experience of using e-procurement systems.
Full job description available by request.
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080
Must have SC / DV Clearance