Lead Applications Support Analyst/Subject Matter Expert
Be part of something big!
BPDTS Ltd is a not-for-profit company which provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them every day.
We’re looking for Lead Applications Support Analyst/Subject Matter Experts to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe.
You might be surprised at what we have to offer
As a Lead Applications Support Analyst in BPDTS, you’ll be working with a wide range of tools and technologies.
Please note that the team provides support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and as a result you may be expected to work as part of an on call rota. #
You must have the appropriate level of security clearance (SC Level).
As a Lead Applications Support Analyst the applications you will be supporting are critical to DWP.
You, along with the team, will be responsible to ensure these are kept online and running as they affect thousands of DWP users, who in turn provide services to millions of vulnerable UK citizens.
You will be mentored and coached by others in the team and in turn will be a good team player yourself to help backup the existing sense of camaraderie.
We serve people from every possible background from all across the UK, and we are looking for applicants who reflect that diversity and who share our values on equality.
You will be energetic with a positive outlook and have the ability to motivate yourself and your colleagues in the team through challenging times.
You are technically gifted with an investigative way of thinking and enjoy the challenge of getting stuck into issues to find out why things aren’t working.
You are someone who is able to work under pressure and accustomed to change. Your strong technical background will allow to learn and picks up skills fast.
Ideally, you would have had a role within application support in the past.
What we are looking for
• Acts in a counterpart capacity to the Delivery Lead. Whilst the DL is focusing on the overall service and leadership of the team (including the Technical SME) The Technical Subject Expert is expected to bring the expertise and technical leadership for a given group of applications.
• To apply in-depth technical knowledge to positively influence the successful resolution of live service issues and escalated service outages
• Support the Delivery Lead in understanding the technical impact and dependencies of client requirements in a multi-vendor organisation
• To act as an ambassador for BPDTS Ltd and to provide technical representation and consultation for the applications in your portfolio
• Ensures adherence to the ITIL Framework across the portfolio of applications, maintaining compliance to Incident, Problem, Change and Release processes
• Translate and communicate effectively to non-technical stake holders
• To build sustainable networks to allow consultation with team members and other organisations, clients and vendors on complex issues
• Provide mentoring to Incident and Operational team members
• Promote and assist with the delivery of standards & automation. E.g. bringing tools, processes and expertise to provide new solutions to enhance processes and introduce efficiencies
• Maintain accurate and consistent data management techniques, document (via SharePoint) and communicate regularly to stakeholders
• Gather, analyse, understand and manage current application(s) and process MI with a view to reporting upward, to the customer and to the CSI manager for potential incorporation of technical and functional process efficiencies
• Ensure strong relationships with key stakeholders and counterparts, ie, Delivery Organisation, Level 3 suppliers, Delivery Lead, Team Lead, Service Managers
• Mentor and coach more junior members of the team.
• Provide direct support to Team Leads and Delivery Leads as needed.
• Promote and assist with the delivery of standards & automation. E.g. bringing tools, processes and expertise to provide new solutions to enhance processes and introduce efficiencies.
Essential Skills –
• Experience in Technologies: SOA OAF, Oracle Apps, Oracle E-Business
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge; Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint
• ITIL v3 foundation qualification
• A deep and proven technical expertise in the application/s support/management of DWP or similar scale enterprise architecture
• Understanding of the business processes that underpin the application/s
• A solid understanding of the support/service lifecycle
• Ability to work in a disciplined environment under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
• Ability to work in a multi supplier environment
• Ability to work independently to deliver agreed outcomes and work equally well in a team
• Strong inter-personal & organisation skills
• Lead by example with Integrity and ethics
• Customer oriented and results driven
• Willing to work as part of an on call rota and cover out of hours’ activities
• ITIL Intermediate Service Operations and CSI
• Understanding of Agile methodology.
• Other areas of technology and solutions – exposure to/or technical capability across projects and service lifecycle e.g. applications development, DevOps, solutions architecture, Operational Acceptance Testing, service support
• Experience of Service reporting - production of management information and reports, dashboards etc.
• Experience supporting services that are aligned to the business strategy and operational requirements
• Exposure to structured problem management and troubleshooting