Lead Network and Signalling Specialist, Ipswich/London
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for individuals that can leverage their extensive technical experience and academic studies to meet our rigorous and challenging delivery objectives and standards. We need you to be able to solve complex security problems, apply industry best practice in the aspects of solution definition, design and cyber-security, and have a detailed working knowledge of development methodologies, including Agile and Lean.
You'll be working in a growing team of IP and mobile network engineers and specialists that design and implement solutions ranging in size from small bespoke solutions to large enterprise size products. The team is customer focused so you'll have the opportunity to work directly with our customers. You'll also have numerous opportunities to grow and develop your career.
- orking directly with customers to understand their business needs and goals, problem space and specific requirements.
- Working in the areas of IP and telecommunication networks to define solutions to customer challenges, working at both the high level as well as a detailed lower level.
- Providing technical and solution leadership to delivery teams.
- Hands on implementing solutions.
- Looking at aspects of service design, to allow solutions to be turned into productionised services.
- Acting as a trusted technical advisor and guide to our customers in the realm of IP and telecommunication networks
- Working on internal innovation programmes, aimed at exploring new products or solutions to known customer challenges
Experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Expertise in technical service development and systems architecture in the areas of both fixed and mobile telecommunication networks.
- Proven track record of working with clients to understand business needs and problems, elicit requirements, and propose and design innovative bespoke solutions aligned to business objectives.
- Proven track record in developing creative, novel and innovative solutions, and then progressing them through to implementation and release.
- Familiarity with mobile telecommunications including, 2G/3G, 4G and 5G mobile networks, mobile network design, signalling protocols such as SS7 and DIAMETER, SIP, and VoLTE.
- Familiarity with IP networks, including designing and implementing networks that are scalable, resilient, give high performance and are designed for security, with ideally some hands on experience with different vendor's products such as Cisco and Juniper.
- Ability to manage and shepherd innovation within projects and internal programmes.
- Must have achieved a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree e.g. Computer Science or has achieved the relevant industry experience for the grade you are applying for.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, and some delivery leadership, to cross divisional, matrix and virtual teams.
- Maintains an oversight of key technology transformation programmes in specific area of expertise, monitoring performance against business objectives, scorecard and responding and recommending actions to trends and taking executive action.
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080
Must have SC / DV Clearance