62133 - Systems Engineer, Bristol
Role & Responsibilities
- Purpose of the job: The Selected candidate will work with a highly motivated team involved in development of complex embedded railway solutions. The candidate will join with our Bristol development center and will interact with our System Engineering team based in Germany. The Ideal candidate will be part of our long term rail signalling project.
- As a Systems Engineer, you will technically work with a team of Systems Engineers, Specifying and designing and deliver System covering the entire software lifecycle.
- You will interface with Software, project, product, Quality and safety team to meet QCD commitments.
Key tasks / Responsibilities:Contribute to the elaboration of product/system architecture, in collaboration with the Product architect/ System Engineering team;
- Perform System activities namely:
- Define the System requirements, operational requirements, interfaces requirements and the requirements linked to performance / Safety … constraints;
- Ensure that all the requirements can be validated (testability, …);
- Define the software requirements from System Atchitecture:
- Elaborate the functional and structural breakdown into SW components & modules;
- Allocate the requirements to the SW components/modules;
- Define the interfaces between the SW components/modules;
- Define the dynamical behavior of the System/Software;
- Validate the feasibility of the solution: model simulation, mock-up;
- Define main technical choices for SW development:
- Select SW Tools, Methodology (ex : UML, …) & Magic Draw, DOORS, PTC Modeller, strictly following internal process/methods & tools recommendations;
- Arbitrate and validate major System/Software design choices;
- Prepare and perform SW requirements tests, SW/SW & SW/HW integration tests and verifications of his/her deliverables, prior to the ones formally performed by a dedicated V&V team (depending on Safety Integrity Level);
- Understand state transitions and design.
- Knowledge of Railway signalling,
- DOORS, MAGIC Draw, PTC Modeller
- Standards: CENELEC SIL4 (EN 50128)
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing System solutions to build complex embedded systems, and providing technical leadership within the Team. The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process spread across different geographical locations. Significant experience in delivery of design, analysis, development, testing and delivery. Rail industry background is highly desirable, alternatively similar industries can also be considered.
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080
Must have SC / DV Clearance