29451 - Project Accountant, South East
Client - MOD
Role & Responsibilities
- Work within the project team on a day to day basis – provide direct link between project and Air’s TPMO and Finance Team. • Agree and validate financial baselines for Workstream in consultation with Business Finance Manager.
- Develop robust financial assumptions for projects, which are owned by the project team and recognised by Business Finance Managers (including the Transformation Programme Management Office (TPMO) finance manager).
- Work with TPMO finance manager to identify and address ‘double-counts’ with other projects.
- Ensure financial assumptions are phased in line with key project milestones.
- Develop financial tracking reports for project, aligned with RAF and TPMO artefacts.
- Monitor financial performance of the project on a monthly basis against the baseline & targets.
- Ensure savings are captured and validated with Business & Finance Managers (BFM) (including TPMO finance manager) on a monthly basis. Identify and capture financial risks and issues for the project: feed into project lead, Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) and BFMs accordingly – and vice versa, highlighting external risks/pressures and capture impact on project outputs.
- Attend and input into TPMO sessions with the project team.
- Provide coaching and upskilling to the project team to improve financial awareness.
- Carry out wider financial analysis to identify additional opportunities for financial savings.
- Co-operate with Air Command in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with Air Commands equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
Closing Date 17th July 2018 at 01:05 PM
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080
Must have SC / DV Clearance