Job Title: Design Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 + package
Start date: ASAP
I am working with a large regional contractor in the Berkshire area who are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated employees. The individual will work in and around the Reading area, on pre-contract and post-contract education projects. These projects are £15m and above.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Managing the design process using your commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise
- Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and your obligations in the development of a building design
- Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction
- Previous industry experience
- Experience working on education
- Flexible with working hours and have the ability to travel within the local area on a regional and national basis when required
- Ability to take ownership and solve problems and implement actions
- Commitment to customer care and customer focus
- Technical ability
Rewards and benefits:
The salary is dependent on experience, plus benefits- please get in contact if you wish to know more information about this.
If you would like more information on this role and are interested, please click the apply button below!