Site Supervisor - Location: Slough - £30,000 - £34,000 salary
I am looking for an experienced supervisor who has knowledge within the repairs and maintenance industry. The ideal candidate will be of a trade's background and have experience ensuring work is carried out safely and completed on schedule in accordance to the client's changing needs.
To provide on-site supervision of works carried out for our clients including residential properties and voids, and ensuring operatives comply with health and safety and that the instructions for the job have been followed.
- Day-to-day supervision of the contract dealing with residents, customers and ensuring that all operatives are working efficiently and productively
- Ensuring that suppliers/subcontractor works are carried out in accordance with the work sheets given and in a timely manner meeting all contract KPI targets
- Liaising with the residents and customers and dealing with any queries or issues which may arise
- Ensuring clients expectations are achieved and works are completed on time and to a high quality standard
- Specifying of voids, checking the void and presenting the orders to the housing offices
- Encompass Company change, including any training where necessary with positive attitude
- Responsible for Litigation issues from housing offices
- Organising operatives, assist in planning appointments in conjunction with the call centre
- To adhere to and comply with Company HR Policies and Health and Safety legislation including necessary inspections such as scaffolds, works in progress and operative / subcontractors to ensure company compliance. Completion of appropriate paperwork such as Method Statements and Risk Assessments,delivering tool box talks..
- Driving from site to site as part of the daily duties
- Be jointly responsible for ensuring the work place is tidy and safe at all times including all Axis operational offices. To wear Personal protective equipment which is supplied and be responsible for yourself andothers.
- Must be prepared to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding and work in confined spaces and in a variety of work conditions that may prevail at that time
- To comply with the Codes, policies and procedures of the employer and To carry out and promote the employers policy regarding Equal Opportunities
- Working as an integral team member as well as a mentor and coach to apprentices and colleagues
- To undertake such duties, which are commensurate with the post from, time to time to the direction of the Management. Accepting jobs in any area required within the contract by your line manager, Contract Manager and Divisional Manager
- Attend pre-inspections where necessary and submit reports within 48hrs for standard orders and within 24hrs for complaints/emergencies. Attend regular weekly/bi-weekly meetings with your line manager
- Follow and support policies, procedures, initiatives and work instructions related to sustainability improvement and environmental compliance
- Ensure that all variation sheets are appropriately completed and signed by the client or client representative; provide contracts supervisor/manager with such signed copies at the earliest opportunity
- Prepare snagging lists at the earliest and promptly issue such for record of the relevant party
- Ensure that the construction phase health & safety file and relevant F10 is present, updated
and maintained on site
- Ascertain that all subcontractors and operatives carrying out works on site have been inducted; ensure that every operative is appropriately qualified to carry out the operations they propose to engage; obtain and ascertain that method statements issued by subcontractors are adequate and acceptable prior to authorising works to proceed
- Ascertain that all heating and gas works specified have been bought to the attention of the Gas qualified manager prior to authorising such works to proceed on site
- Working construction industry knowledge
- Using SOR codes
- IT Literate
- Health and Safety regulations and Scaffold inspections
- Working at Heights
- SMSTS and SSSTS
- Manual Handling and Asbestos Awareness
- Great knowledge of Nat Fed SOR codes
- Ability to report on large multi trade works including codes & full depth reports.
- Performance Management
- Customer Service focused
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- People Management
- Tool Box Talks Delivery
- Working alongside the client
The Successful candidate will be from a social housing background with experience in handling planned repairs as well as overseeing a trade's team. Experience of working within a trade's position is desired but not essential. Must hold a clean driver's license and DBS check.
For this role you must be able to communicate and engage with customers efficiently. You must have good customer service skills and be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner. My client is looking for someone to start in April.
£30,000-£34,000 + Package
If you are interested in this position please contact me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.