Formal case work for DES - Attendance, conduct, general cases that come through to the team
Provide advice and dismals are necessary
There are escalation points for more complex cases
Helpline (front door cases) - phone / email - case management system.
Casework experience is essential - from beginning to end - full conclusion.
Very busy team - 40 cases at a time - high-level work
- Strong communication skills
- Articulate well
- Basic employment law
- Able to follow formal process
- Hands on case work experience
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement HR processes whilst managing employee relations; dealing with disciplinaries and grievances.
- Delivering new and revised policies within specified timeframes; overseeing equality impact assessments for all new/revised policies.
- Minimising disputes and employment tribunal costs through effective implementation of policies, engaging with Unions, Senior Management, Line Managers and staff with all new and revised policies.
- Overseeing the recruitment process, including the management and distribution of job descriptions and, if required, ensure that transferees are logged on payroll and HR systems.
- Provision of hr casework support, advice and guidance to move staff and managers through DE&S policy and procedures.
- Customer focus, pace of delivery and compliance with agreed team operating instructions will be required.
- Knowledge of hr policies, employment law and hr operational delivery would be useful background.
Security Clearance: Active SC
CV Deadline: Monday 4pm