Under the multi-national Block Upgrade Programme, the MoD embodied a Block 7.0 modification to ac ZH866 from Sep 12 - Feb 13. However, operational test and evaluation identified issues with the software which precluded a fleet roll-out. The aircraft is now being reverted to Block 6.1 standard.
A Project Engineer is required to oversee the reversion activity being completed by Marshall Aerospace (Cambridge). Duties will include working closely with the contractor and providing reporting to MoD on progress and costs expended, ensuring that dependencies are delivered on time to ensure work progresses in accordance with schedule (such as timely delivery GFE), responses to contractor queries and coordination of quality inspections. Specific activity will include:
- Validation of the MA-produced task proposal.
- Oversight of activity on the aircraft to ensure compliance with the programme and associated authorisation for payment.
- Technical review of arising faults and issues
- Staffing of necessary concessions for TAA / LoAA endorsement
- Preparation of certification documentation as required
UK National only