Following the extension of the C-130J Out of Service date from 2022 to 2035, there is a programme of obsolescence activity that is now in scope to sustain the fleet.
A Project Engineer (Avionics) is required to support the obsolescence activity being completed by the C-130J Delivery Team and Marshall Aerospace (Cambridge). Duties will include working closely with DT Programme Management function and the contractor to ensure that the proposed programme is technically feasible and delivers the necessary obsolescence relief. Specific activity will include:
- a Programmable Elements Assurance Plan
- an Obsolescence Management Plan
- a Software Management Plan
- Oversight of programme activity and technical review of arising issues
- Preparation of certification documentation as required
UK national only