Job Title: Contracts Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + package
Start date: ASAP
I am working with a logistics sub-contractor in the London area who are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated employees.
The role of a Contracts Manager requires the person to undertake 3 main disciplines:
- Project and Operational Management
Oversee and work with various head-office and site-based managers to plan, organise and implement the company's logistical, Security and Waste Management services and in doing so, be responsible for the due-diligent delivery of these service's in a professional manner, (whilst possibly working to very demanding deadlines).
- Commercial Management
Oversee and work with the companies Quantity Surveyors / Commercial Managers to ensure the financial performance of each individual project is closely monitored and analysed on a regular / ongoing basis.
- Client Management
Understand the scope of service to each of our projects and in turn monitor our client's specific needs and requirements to ensure these are fulfilled. Examples of which are; purposefully communicating with the client on a regular basis, gaining regular feedback on the quality of the companies service and identifying specific areas which may improve the service (or perception of service) to the client.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Planning and Organisation of all projects under the responsibility of the Contracts Manager (in conjunction / with the support of the team mentioned above) whilst also ensuring that all necessary internal documentation is produced / distributed / actioned.
- Planning and management of each projects resource requirements
- Detailed knowledge of the individual scope to each project under the control of the Contracts Manager, and any 'risk areas' that form part of that scope. / ensuring that a formal 'handover' meeting takes place with his Surveyor and Site-based manager - as a minimum, and all necessary tools / information required is gained to effectively control each project.
- Ensure that his site-based management / supervisors are familiar with the individual specifics of each project, sufficiently to effectively manage each project.
- Management of the overall implementation and performance of the company's services (with the site-based manager) to all projects under the responsibility of the Contracts Manager.
- The management and monitoring of each projects financial expenditure against company budgetary targets and constraints - in conjunction with the project surveyor.
- The reporting of each projects financial expenditure against company budgetary targets (initiated by the project surveyor)
- Ensure communication is maintained to the client, (meetings, reports and electronic media).
- Ensure that effective communication is in place internally between all office and site-based staff to maintain an efficient and good working practice.
- Commercially Minded
- Pro-active nature
- Client Orientated
- Leadership and management Skills
- Be prepared to work extended hours if required
- Good Grammatical Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- I.T. Literate
- Presentable at all times
- Self-motivating (be able to work alone as well as part of a team)
Rewards and benefits:
The salary is dependent on experience, plus benefits- please get in contact if you wish to know more information about this.
If you would like more information on this role and are interested, please click the apply button below!