Job Title: Document Controller/Administrator
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 + package
Start date: ASAP
I am working with a plant and scaffolding contractor in the London area who are looking for an experienced Document Controller/Administrator to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated employees.
The role includes coordinating all activities related to the document control and administrative procedures at head office or on-site projects, including technical documents, drawings, site forms, and other general site documents and correspondences.
You will be required to input document data into the standard registers and spreadsheets ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date. Generate the various document control reports as required.
You will also provide administrative support to departmental staff and management as and when required.
As part of the role, you may be required to work from head office or various site project locations. Willingness to travel is therefore an essential part of this role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Typing and completing documents such as site-specific correspondence and forms.
- Maintain/set up sophisticated filing systems
- Log information into the company's project management system.
- Answer telephones - screen/handle routine and/transfer calls.
- Ability to transcribe meeting minutes as and when required
- Compile and prepare various reports for supervisors/managers i.e (analysis and comparison of data).
- Ensure continuance of office routine in supervisors/managers' absence.
- Coordinate and process general administrative work (time sheets, vacation requests, supply requisitions etc.) for supervisor's signature.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating your knowledge and training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Perform additional assignments as per line manager's direction.
- Provide excellent and ongoing customer services to members of the public, colleagues and the client
- Maintenance of office equipment where required
- Produce reports using data produced / collated.
- Providing administrative support to Quantity Surveyors as and when required such as forwards correspondences to and from head office and sites.
- Typing of site/office documents, and follow up of all the site/office needs.
- Making sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable and are filed correctly.
- Assisting with preparation of audits and inspections.
- Support the management as and when required.
- Assisting with the management of the systems.
- Maintain updated records of all approved documents and drawings and their distribution clearly
- Maintain the documents and drawings in the Document Control office under safe custody without any damage or deterioration with easy traceability.
- Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project.
- Assist with training preparation and booking
- Provide cover for reception as and when required when at head office.
- Assist with paperwork regarding project start-up and completions.
- Assist with audit and inspection preparation.
- Assist with site deliveries and collection.
- Other reasonable duties as and when required.
- CSCS card
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of computer systems, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to manage a complex document control process.
- Previous site administration experience and construction industry knowledge.
- Good understanding of construction site requirements
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Confident and ability to deal with people at all levels
- Wiliness to undertake further development and training as and when required
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of word, excel, outlook
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills
- Good understanding of construction Health and Safety
Rewards and benefits:
The salary is dependent on experience, plus benefits- please get in contact if you wish to know more information about this.
If you would like more information on this role and are interested, please click the apply button below!