Job Title: Estimator
Location: Central London
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + package
Start date: ASAP
As an estimator your role will include calculating and preparing construction logistics tender submissions for future projects and working out what a contract will cost to deliver whilst ensuring it returns a profit. You may also work on quotes based on variations or additional requirements to existing scope. You will need to be methodical and have the ability to pay attention to details.
You will be working towards strict deadlines with the core aim of winning work for the Company. The role is predominantly office-based, although there may be a requirement to visit sites and clients’ premises for meetings.
This role reports directly to the Senior Estimator and will work closely with quantity surveyors and operations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Understanding the scope requirements and raising queries to issue back to the client;
- Estimating the type and quantity of labour, plant and materials necessary to deliver the contract against the received scope and specifications;
- Establishing the likely progress and completion rates for risk items, including allowances for bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances;
- Calculating an estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit, and presenting a tender price for review with the Senior Estimator, Tender Submissions Executive or Managing Director.
- To provide accurate cost estimates and supporting technical information to enable the Company to submit competitive tenders.
- Prepare enquiry schedules and liaise with the Buying Department in the selection of appropriate companies from whom quotations should be sought.
- Obtain sufficient quotations to enable valued commercial judgements at the settlement meeting.
- Provide all information regarding Tenders as and when requested by the Commercial Manager or Managing Director
- Produce analytical rate build up information for Bills of Quantities as instructed in an accurate and well detailed format.
- Relevant qualification in construction or estimating
- Previous experience as an estimator in a construction environment or as a Construction Quantity Surveyor carrying out some estimating roles
- Ability to accurately analyse quotations received.
- Ability to Prepare preliminary costs
- Experience in Presenting estimates
- Ability to assess contract conditions.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail/accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with complaints professionally
- Must be numerate and computer literate (working with MS Project, Excel & Word)
- Ability to work using your own initiative and cope with pressure
- Experience in estimating for construction logistics packages
Rewards and benefits:
The salary is dependent on experience, plus benefits- please get in contact if you wish to know more information about this.
If you would like more information on this role and are interested, please click the apply button below!