Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Central London
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + package
Start date: ASAP
I am working with a reputable contractor in Central London who are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated employees. The individual will preferably have experience with fit outs, JCT and bespoke contracts and preferable some commercial experience.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Managing Logistics costs on a wide variety of new building projects and structures, such as residential developments, sports stadiums, roads and bridges, schools, hospitals, offices and factories etc. and your projects will be assigned to you by your line manager
- Undertaking costs analysis for construction and logistics work
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Performing risk and value management and cost control
- Assisting with the preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Assisting with preparing and reviewing costings for tenders
- Allocating work to subcontractors with approval of your line manager
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Excellent numerical skills
- Self-motivated with desire to develop career in a progressive Company.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Experience in working in construction environment within a similar role
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating contract terms with prime contractors
- Be comfortable with networking at all levels and in all professional situations.
- Experienced in budget monitoring and implementing cost saving measures for clients and the Company
Rewards and benefits:
The salary is dependent on experience, plus benefits- please get in contact if you wish to know more information about this.
If you would like more information on this role and are interested, please click the apply button below!