28540 - Business Support Manager, Central London
Role & Responsibilities
Working across NCTPHQ and NCTPOC, the Change Support Manager (CSM) will be responsible for the day to day coordination, management and implementation of change affecting these areas. This will include:
1. Implementation of national CT change projects. Specifically, the Change Manager will be responsible for facilitating the assessment of the impact of change on HQ and OC staff, managing local readiness plans and ensuring staff are engaged and understand the change affecting them.
2. Delivery of changes within the national CT Change Portfolio categorised as ‘Business Delivered’, i.e. centrally defined but delivered by resources within operational CT commands. Specifically, the Change Manager will be responsible for ensuring the development and maintenance of specific project management products; project plans; risk and issue registers - tracking and monitoring updates; managing escalations and managing effective change control.
3. Implementation of MPS Transformation Programmes that impact on NCTPHQ and OC. Specifically the Change Manager will provide support to the Supt Command Support and Development in his/her role as ‘Local Change Manager’.
The NCTPHQ/OC Change Manager role will have a dotted line to the professional lead for change management in CT, the NCTPHQ Business Change Manager. He/she will therefore be able to seek professional guidance from change management specialists within the NCTPHQ Portfolio Management Office, and must ensure adherence to any programme / project management processes and standards required by the Portfolio Management Office.
- Ability to produce high quality project documentation
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written including stakeholder engagement skills.
- Able to successfully negotiate to influence and persuade senior stakeholders.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Analytical and problem solving skills required to troubleshoot projects and delivered within agreed limits.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Office Products.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of facilitating groups balancing conflicting opinions, building consensus as necessary.
- Experience of listening and understanding to the needs and experiences of customers and using these to develop solutions or interventions to improve performance and achieve organisational outcomes.
- Experience of managing change - including project planning, risk management and preparing progress reports.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is essential.
Full job description available by request.
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080
Must have SC / DV Clearance