Identifying Change Management requirements. Production of policy, processes, procedures, working practices and supporting guidance to promote effective. Change Management from concept to execution and review. Planning, managing and monitoring the implementation of changes, including impact assessment, resource analysis, conflict resolution and contingency planning. The successful candidate will be an Expert in Change Management concepts and practices. Capable in methods and techniques for risk management, business impact analysis, counter-measures and contingency arrangements, particularly relating to the serious disruption of business services.
A Change Manager is required for the DPS Service management team in MOD Corsham.
In order to succeed in this role, you’ll need strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. A passion for Service Management and ITIL best practice, with an excellent understanding of change management, strong analytical skills, a commitment to quality and keen eye for detail.
The IT Change Manager, will take full responsibility for Technical Change Management across all DPS deployed Services. This includes Jackdaw, Magpie, Legacy Blue Sustain (LBS) and NSoIT(D). The change manager will own, manage and champion the Change process ensuring that it is implemented, consistently practiced and continuously improved to meet the needs of DPS and according to ITIL standards.
• Development of a SIAM aligned Change management process, including process design, implementation, operation and continual improvement according to industry best practice.
• Oversee all day to day change management activities, ensuring all changes are logged, reviewed, approved, scheduled, evaluated and closed according to documented and agreed procedures. Identify candidates for standard changes, define change models and actively manage the standard change catalogue.
• Organise and chair the IT change advisory board (CAB/eCAB) meetings. Minute meetings and ensure decisions of change authorities are communicated to affected parties.
• Publish and proactively maintain the IT change schedule incorporating all IT changes, key operational changes and working with the Customer Community and the GOSCC to plan service outages ensuring all change related information is available to relevant stakeholders when needed.
• Liaise with other Service providers to ensure they fulfil their contractual obligations with regards to planning/implementing changes including providing related information and data.
• Manage and continuously develop change management activity schedules, identifying and overseeing all recurring process management activities and ensuring they are performed to agreed standards.
• Establish an appropriate set of process management activities, including forward planning, CAB/eCAB reporting and quality control.
• Own the development of ITSM tools in the areas of change management, ensuring all tools enable and enhance processes and contribute to practitioner satisfaction.
• Monitor and report on change management process performance including defining and measuring a set of SMART KPIs where agreed.
• Champion and promote the change management processes, ensuring a consistent, professional and disciplined approach is maintained throughout.
• Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the change management process, identifying improvement opportunities and owning process improvement plans.
• Working with other process owners and functional managers to ensure there is a coordinated approach to the execution of change management with other service management processes.
1) ITIL V3
2) Change management experience - IT/Technical
3) Process driven
4) Experience and undemanding of technical CABs
Have a good understanding of Military Deployed CIS
Have had experience with Deployed Service Management in a Military Deployed environment
- Some project management or programme management
- Some MOD/defence experience will be beneficial
Security Clearance: SC
CV Deadline: 4pm, Thursday, 25th of July