Main Duties and Responsibilities: Working within a commercial team to deliver programme objectives; Supporting colleagues to achieve targets in relevant timescales; Developing successful working relationships with external suppliers. Contributing to procurement and contract strategies; Compiling and issuing tenders; Administering contract amendments; Providing commercial advice and guidance to the wider business; Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget; Ensuring all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
The CASTLE Programme team will modernise career pathways, learning and development interventions, and talent management systems to deliver an Army of motivated, capable and resourceful professionals.
The Commercial Support will be responsible for commercial practices within programme CASTLE and Personnel Directorate Change Team and is key to driving the comercial work underpinning CASTLE.
This post will be part of the CASTLE PMO which will deliver the comercial expertise and overarching P3M framework for the CASTLE programme including; delivery of the reporting, assurance and planning requirements of the Army Portfolio Office.
The posts will cover management of the comercial processes and standards working with Army Comercial to ensure all commercial direction is followed.
• Comercial practices: Supporting the development and implementation of robust commercial practices for the projects including the products and activities required as part of Army commercial policy.
• Buisness Cases: Development of Business Cases in line with all approvals processes to ensure timely approval and transition to commercial activity.
• Commercial Monitoring, Review & Reporting: including working with activity leads to monitor and understand the progress and status of the programmes commercial activity and report this accurately to decision makers; identifying any key risks or barriers to delivery of commercial activity.
• Commercial Change Control: the postholder will maintain the project history and operate the change control process, ensuring that changes in commercial scope, time, cost or quality are identified and a log of decisions is maintained.
• Financial: the post holder will track commercial activity against current and future control totals in conjunction with D Pers fin to ensure financial propriety.
• Other duties in support of the programme and projects as required.
Must have experience of pub sec/mod, commercial experience
Need to have worked in a commercial environment – industry or pub sec
Need experience in financial work.
Personnel transformation project for the army.
Learning interventions – numerous projects. Commercial Officer will be helping with commercial and financial. With support of PMO to ensure we get process in place.
Security Clearance: SC
CV Deadline: Friday 19th of July 4pm