Main Duties and Responsibilities: Working within a commercial team to deliver programme objectives; Supporting colleagues to achieve targets in relevant timescales; Developing successful working relationships with external suppliers. Contributing to procurement and contract strategies; Compiling and issuing tenders; Administering contract amendments; Providing commercial advice and guidance to the wider business; Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget; Ensuring all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
Support a proactive working environment and be flexible in the approach to tasking
• Manage commercial activity within the level of own Commercial delegation / Licence.
• Compile and issue tenders when required
• Place contracts
• Amend and manage contracts and contract changes
• Offer commercial advice and guidance as required
• Ensure commercial arrangements represent best value for money
• Comply with regulations and policy affecting procurement and adopt commercial best practice
• Use commercial enabling arrangements whenever possible as the default
• Exploit use of commercial enablers and associated MIS where possible
• Undertake supplier management
• Maintain auditable records of commercial activities
• Assure own commercial activity
• Contribute to Commercial Assurance Plans
• Input to self assurance returns for own area
• Ensure complete and accurate contract data
• Collaborate with members of the Acquisition team including project, technical, finance and specialist staff, to deliver Customer requirements
• Undertake effective Stakeholder engagements within teams, across DIO and Industry
• Engage Stakeholders on planning and aspects of commercial activity
• Engage Stakeholders as appropriate in the Approvals process
• Manage resources to secure best value for money and best use of resource
• Support the development of robust Business Cases to support value for money
• Provide accurate and timely inputs to returns as required
Leadership and management, delivery of a wide and varied portfolio of contracts, commercial, scrutiny and assurance, stakeholder engagement, business improvement, management of resources
•Support FDIS Accommodation Commercial Lead team during the pre-tendering and tendering process – lead workstreams as required, liaise with Legal Team to ensure T&C’s are correct, close collaboration with the Project Team.
•Comply with regulations and policy affecting procurement and adopt commercial best practice. Learn from the experience of the Built Estate Tendering Process.
•Support the team with Stakeholder Engagement, Industry Days and Collaboration Events as required
DIO / DE&S experience is preferable; however any Defence experience would be beneficial including MOD central /Cabinet Office / Crown Commercial Services.
Extremely motivated and flexible Experience of commercial / procurement MOD knowledge MS Office / 360 experience Demonstrable hands-on commercial experience rather than strategic experience Recent experience of managing procurement processes Knowledge of EU procurement process CCS frameworks experience
Ability to organise industry days and similar events
Ensuring there is a robust audit trail
Responsible for a workstream (pricing, evaluation etc)
Take a package of work and deliver
CIPS Level 4 /5 desirable
Security Clearance: SC
CV Deadline: Friday 28th of June 12pm