Cyber Software Engineers - Permanent
Based in Glouc / Hants
-Up to £70k for the right person
- We are looking for inquisitive, dedicated and tenacious Cyber Software Engineers to work on full lifecycle development from analysis, through development and testing to delivery of specialised cyber capabilities. Your customer requirements will be highly dynamic, often requiring bespoke solutions to challenging problems over a wide range of projects, ensuring that your work is always diverse and interesting.
- We deliver advanced research, development services and products and are a vendor neutral supplier picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities. We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across ground-breaking projects within the fields of autonomy and AI, communications and connectivity, data analytics and cyber it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn.
- You'll relish being part of a stimulating, collaborative and driven team that offers you the autonomy, mastery and purpose that you need to succeed. Depending on the project, there will be the opportunity to demonstrate technology to customers and support customer test and acceptance.
- We're looking for someone who takes real pride in developing high quality software, frequently developed in a multi-platform environment. The projects will often require you to draw on a broad base and knowledge of system level computer operations and architecture as well as application level programming to craft solutions that operate within limitations imposed by system characteristics.
What will your role look like?
You will be developing both embedded and application level software. With your level of experience you will provide technical leadership to other more junior members of the team. Consequently you will also be interacting with stakeholders during the development cycle.
- C, Python.
- System level programming in Unix / Linux / Mac OS X.
- Application level programming on Linux/Windows
- Computer and Network security.
- Good software engineering skills (development practice, use of standard tools and documented design).
- Full development lifecycle
- Team working, technical team leading and oral/written communication
- Taking pride in developing high quality software to tackle hard problems.
What do we need from you?
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Information Security or similar.
- C++ and other languages.
- Device driver and kernel level programming in Unix like OS's.
- Embedded and real time Linux (including Android) and Microsoft Windows.
- System administration / Dev Ops.
- Appreciation of IP networking and network applications (especially security)
What do we offer?
- This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care.
- Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
To apply hit the apply button now!