Managing the team of Dev Ops. Share advanced knowledge of programming skills with the wider team, providing support where necessary. Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack. Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so. Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems. Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment. Anticipate technological developments to keep activity relevant and targeted. Sharing on-call duties as required.
A Webops Engineer is responsible for working with project teams to build and maintain automated deployment processes, to encourage common code ownership of the deployment stack amongst project developers, encourage the breaking down of silos between operations and development, and to monitor and administer cloud based infrastructure and platforms. The applicant must have previous experience maintaining web applications on Linux servers in a production environment and using automated tooling to configure new servers.
- Understanding of common web application architectures
- Experience configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website
- Experience debugging a complex multi-server service
- Scripting or basic programming skills
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- Deploying and configuring machines in a cloud environment
- Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration
- Comfortable with configuration management tools: at least one of Salt, Chef, or Puppet
- Previous experience deploying web services in Ruby or Python; or previous experience developing web applications in Ruby or Python
- Experience working in an agile environment with across multiple projects
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git or subversion
- Experience administering common open source databases like MySQL, Postgres or MongoDB
- Experience administering AWS and Windows servers
- Understanding of techniques for management of encryption keys and certificates
- Knowledge of the principles underlying public/private key encryption schemes.
- Installation and management of open source monitoring tools
- Experience with open source solutions and community
Security Clearance: DBS/BPSS
CV Deadline: Friday 5th July@16:00