To provide support to Head of IT, manage IT systems and lead support on all supported systems.To provide support to Head of IT, manage IT systems and lead support on all supported systems. System Owner of the system based. Manage permissions, group permissions and security groups. Train staff as required on 1-2-1 basis or in groups. Advise teams on best use and how to get best use of Systems. Provide support to as and when required on the system. Provide support on all security issues. Main lead for security breeches. Provide systems administration and management of system. To provide a wide range of IT knowledge to deal with issues at every level from managing desktop disputes to high level projects such as the delivery of new IT systems, network infrastructure changes, software development and hardware projects. To be able to provide simple explanations to management on the effect of changes and the benefits which should be gained. To understand changes to the delivery of IT and how this may affect the department.
This post is responsible for the day-to-day provision, management and upkeep of ALL classroom IT and AV equipment (the training LAN).
The school has a variety of servers, PCs, laptops and tablets connected by wifi or cable to the training LAN.
In addition, the post is responsible for the ongoing development of IT policy / processes and acts as school focal point for MODNET change and SharePoint configuration activity.
The post holder is also required to liaise with outside agencies and attends meetings on behalf of the RNAESS regarding IT matters.
The post has line management responsibilities for one E1 admin post (non-technical).
Candidates must have completed a recognised period of ICT training or service equivalent and possess appropriate qualifications in a relevant subject.
Knowledge and experience of working with / configuring Microsoft Office and Server products is essential.
Knowledge and experience of setup, configuration and management of LAN software / hardware and network administration is essential.
Ensure that the training LAN and classroom PCs, laptops and tablets are available to meet the training requirement.
Microsoft Certified qualification or service equivalent is desirable
POC for all IT systems in use
Primary task is to manage the training networks
The Royal Naval Air Engineering & Survival Equipment School (RNAESS) requires an ICT Manager within the Training Support section.
The School delivers generic and targeted technical training to RN Air Engineering Officers and Technicians using a bespoke training LAN with a wide range of IT and AV equipment including Wi-Fi, PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Smartboards and Projectors.
As the ICT Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management and technical support of the training LAN, hardware and school IT / AV equipment, including the ongoing development of policy / processes.
As lead for the school MODNET SharePoint environment you will be responsible for both administration and future development to ensure modern ways of working are available and embraced by all.
The post is line manager to the IT support assistant.
Core day to day duties: Patching security holes
• Perform the day to day management, configuration and update of the training LAN and associated equipment, including the building of hardware, software / operating system installation and printer / peripheral configuration.
• Administering access control and user rights via Active Directory.
• Act as school point of contact for MODNET requests and demands.
• Act as lead for the school MODNET SharePoint environment.
• Support and control student laptop, tablet and MODNET laptop pools.
• Writing of policies, procedures, instructions and reports as required by line managers and assisting with Information Management policy and processes within the school.
• Providing first line support and advice to IT users, either over the telephone or face to face.
• Recording and responding to reported incidents of failure to IT/AV classroom equipment. Using technical experience and knowledge to fault find, analyse issues and implement potential solutions within agreed SLAs.
• Action IT section Requests for Change (RFC), ensuring all record keeping and data/file management including the maintenance of the RNAESS IT/AV asset databases is effective and timely.
• Act as Local Security Officer ensuring the security and configuration control of IT equipment.
• Act as Authorised Demander and budget manager for IT hardware / software including the control and replenishment of spares stock.
• Assist with the introduction of new projects.
• Perform software/hardware updates, backups and recovery of files and media as required.
Customer Service focused
Applicants should be able to demonstrate familiarity and working experience of any of the following:
• Microsoft operating systems, SharePoint, Office or server packages.
• Experience working in an IT and/or network support environment or equivalent.
• An understanding of the ISS Service Catalogue would be desirable.
Training will be available and successful candidates must be prepared to obtain the required mandatory and specific training related to the post within six months of taking up position.
A full driving licence would be desirable.
Active directory experience
Experience working with hardware and following security protocols
1) Experience with imaging devices (creating an image on a device; applying rules to the OS)
2) Experience with device management and account creation using group policy and active directory
3) Some experience working with hardware (fault finding and fixing)
4) Customer service experience
CompTIA A+ or CompTIA N+
Equivalent of higher IT qualification
Some MOD experience will be advantageous
Security Clearance: SC (please include DOB and expiration date for the clearance)
CV Deadline: Thursday 25th of July 3pm