To design, implement, analyse, manage and support enterprise applications, systems, servers and storage solution and Network equipment for Arden & GEM IT Services
To provide 3rd line systems support to our clients through the resolution of incidents and proactive monitoring of the infrastructure
Core Duties and Responsibilities (Key Result Areas)
- Ensure maximum availability of IT Systems. Actively manage, monitor and analyse technical Infrastructure, taking remedial action where necessary in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Apply specialist expertise to a range of highly complex technical infrastructure situations and problems, where, without such intervention there is considerable uncertainty as to the outcome. Provide analysis and input to root cause reviews.
- Plan, install, support and maintain multiple complex technologies including server hardware and software, storage networks, applications, Network equipment and existing and new infrastructure across multiple locations. Identify and communicate technical risks to the team manager making appropriate recommendations where necessary.
- Provide 3rd line infrastructure support to Arden & GEM CSU and its clients ensuring prompt resolution in line with agreed service level agreements and contracts
- Support the team manager in managing effective use of Infrastructure systems to ensure that the Arden & GEM CSU client base receives sufficiently responsive and reliable data and application platforms
- Working with the team manager on planning, project work, risk management and documentation around infrastructure ensuring that all system design and implementation is carried out in line with our agreed standards
- Effectively manage assigned work packages to design, analyse and implement effective and appropriately resilient infrastructure solutions in a highly complex environment within specified parameters to meet Arden & GEM CSU client requirements; ensuring that all solutions are researched, tested and fully documented
Take responsibility for the security and confidentiality of personal and sensitive information owned by Arden & GEM CSU, its staff, partners and patients, through strict adherence to information governance policies, best practice and authorised use of smartcards and passwords
Effort and Environment
All job descriptions should include information on:
- Mostly light physical effort with a combination of sitting; standing and walking. Occasional medium effort when handling network equipment or server rack equipment.
- Significant concentration required while performing most technical duties. Frequent interruptions from other staff; customers and unplanned priority events.
- No exposure to emotional situations
Standard office conditions for most of the working period. Occasional requirement to work inside tights conditions of server rooms and communication rooms.
Supplementary Duties & Responsibilities
Employees may be required to work at any of the other sites within the organisation subject to consultation. The organisation is in a period of rapid change due to developments and rationalisation of services. This will lead to modification of structures and job descriptions. The post holder will be expected to co-operate with changes subject to consultation, at any time throughout the duration of your contract
Health and Safety
Employees have a legal responsibility not to endanger themselves, fellow employees and others by their individual acts or omissions. The post holder is required to comply with the requirements of any policy or procedure issued in respect of minimising the risk of injury or disease.
Data Protection and Confidentiality
All employees are subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and must maintain strict confidentiality in respect of patient, client and staff records.
Smoking and Health
The organisation has a no smoking policy throughout its premises, including buildings and grounds.
Equality and Diversity
The organisation is committed to promoting equal opportunities to achieve equity of access, experience and outcomes and to recognising and valuing people's differences. This applies to all activities as a service provider and as an employer
Information Management and Technology (IM&T)
All staff are expected to utilise the relevant national and local IM&T systems necessary to undertake their role.
The organisation is committed to offering flexible, modern employment practices, which recognise that all staff need to strike a sensible balance between home and work life. All requests to work flexibly will be considered.
It is mandatory for all professionally qualified staff and clinical support staff to actively participate in clinical supervision as an integral part of their professional development for a minimum of four sessions per year. Clinical Supervision will be monitored via an annual Performance and Development Review (PDR).
The organisation is seeking to promote the employment of disabled people and will make any adjustments considered reasonable to the above duties under the terms of the Equality Act 2010 to accommodate a suitable disabled candidate.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: Friday 12 noon 26/7/19