• Support to the preparation of Expression of Interest, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, tenders and grant proposals
• Supporting PQQ/tender leads, Business Development Managers and Principal Investigators, coordinating the bid process for competitive tenders to include:
o Proof reading tenders to ensure compliance and excellence
o Ensuring timely submission of tenders including responsibility for electronic submission where required
o Maintain, update and ensure the quality of customer and project descriptors
o Creation of tender support documentation
• Review on-line tender/PQQ notification sites and identify and promote relevant opportunities
• Secure feedback from successful and unsuccessful tenders for analysis, business planning and continual improvement
• Supporting and delivering training for researchers on tender writing
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to CEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Team work. Information on CEH’s values is available here.
• Understand the role and the main context in which it operates.
• Show initiative and provides constructive suggestions to problems
• Learn from experience and applies learning to new situations
• Respond to customer requests quickly, efficiently and appropriately thereby developing good working relationships.
• Able to work effectively as part of a team, taking the lead as and when appropriate
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently, managing own time effectively.
• Flexible, adaptable and able to cope with change
• Effective IT skills, being proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Able to manage a changing workload of long and short terms tasks and understands principles of project management good practice
• Provide an efficient approach to the delivery of services
• Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
• A degree in an environmental or business subject plus a Master’s degree, or the equivalent level of knowledge and proven ability.
• Proven bid coordination and management skills, including assessing competitiveness, and addressing and complying with call specific information
• Able to prepare, critique and proof read to produce high quality proposals and tenders
• Administrative skills in a professional services environment within a sales/business development team
• Able to identify areas for improving efficiencies in processes
• Up to date with current thinking in the professional area
• Proven ability in gathering information from internal and external stakeholders alike, e.g. liaising with SMEs, proposal partners and subcontractors, seeking clarification and resolving issues where required
• Qualification with professional body in proposal management or associated discipline e.g. project management, sales, business development
• Working in an environmental sector
• Experience with Microsoft Access and SharePoint systems
CV Deadline: Wednesday 17th July @14:00