Main Duties and Responsibilities: Develop test strategy and assistance in development of associated test scripts. Provide technical assistance to the test teams in setting up environments and provide feedback and analysis on test activities/results. Produce test plans and reports as required. Analyse and identify business risk areas and impacts. Identify user requirements to enable test execution.
A NSoIT(D) Test and Release Manager is required for the Service Management team in DPS at MOD Corsham.
The Test and Release Manager (T&RM) is primarily responsible for the planning, design, build, configuration and testing of all software and hardware to create the release package or changes to, the designated service. The T&RM is responsible for implementing and managing the NSoIT(D) release process for all NSoIT(D) capability release through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager will also, assist in managing projects and inter dependencies to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
The T&RM will report to the Service Management Support lead and between them they will ensure there is independent testing and test verification. The T&RM will work closely with the R&DM will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases - inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades - across the NSoIT(D). Where necessary you'll provides tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
• Working with the NSoIT(D) Engineering team to develop a single Dev/Testing environment capable of supporting NSoIT(D) Red, Blue and Black Mission Environments.
• Writing, updating and support the development of Test and Release policies and procedures and reviewing their implementation for the organisation;
• Manage all aspects of the end to end release processes and procedures;
• Conduct impact assessments of releases to the capability.
• Interface with Test Managers, Dev Managers, IT Ops and the PMO.
• Manage testing activities to evaluate programme capabilities;
• Forward Plan the release windows and cycles in accordance with the NSoIT(D) Engineering sprint releases;
• Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery;
• Plan, deploy and manage the testing effort for all NSoIT(D) releases;
• Establish, when required, and ensures coordination of build and test environments teams and release teams;
• Ensures teams follow the organisation's established Test and Release policies and procedures;
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and that they meet user expectations;
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews;
• Communicate release details and schedules to stakeholders as required;
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities;
• Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope;
• Liaise with 3rd parties for Co-ordination and management of external activities.
• Manage the transition of the LBS Test and reference facility to 3rd party, Fujitsu, on site in Basingstoke.
• Create process and procedures for the ongoing testing of releases to support the live LBS service.
• Liaise, Co-ordinate and manage the ongoing growth of the test and reference facility to include future expansion of this within the Fujitsu realm
• Create and agree processes for the test and release of defects & changes that need to be managed from MOD LBS Dev through to FJ LBS Test and release into the deployed space
• The R&DM ideally requires a Technical Bachelor's level qualification in an IT or related field and/or previous release and deployment experience;
• Formal qualifications project management practices preferably PRINCE2 and Agile;
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle;
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Security Clearance: SC
CV Deadline: 12pm, Wednesday 31st of July