Job Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 + package
Start date: ASAP
The client is looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor. The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting the General Manager/Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide commercial expertise by working within robust procedures to support the director and operational managers.
- Support the project team in all commercial matters
- Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping.
- Ensure timely submission of valuations
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
- Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
- Delegate commercial activities to other members of the team as appropriate
- Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
- Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
- Assist with the procurement and management of subcontract packages.
- Assist with the internal valuations/VCR/End Life Forecasts.
- Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
- Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
- Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified or working towards a HND/HNC or similar in Quantity Surveying
- Previous surveying or experience of working within a commercially focused environment
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Literate and Numerate
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Willing to undertake training and development when appropriate
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of this company means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to the company and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
The company is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.