27480 - Contracts Manager - £450 UMB - Croydon, Greater London - 18 months
Role & Responsibilities
- Key Tasks and Deliverables:
1. Support the identification, development , execution and negotiation of contractual changes (CCNs) for existing TPT contracts
2. Review benchmarking clauses in existing service contracts and where these have not been managed to ensure that they are managed with suppliers.
3. Benchmark end to end costs for identified projects (Windows 10, O365, Mobile) and other key EUC service costs to comparable industry standards and rates. Produce a "should cost" model for TPT.
4. Carry out a tactical review of TPT commercial agreements and contractual landscape. Including but not limited to: a) Identifying a programme of sourcing events and development and approval of a sourcing strategy for TPT. Ensuring TPT PMs are fully consulted in development of plans for 2018. b) Carry out a detailed SWOT analysis of existing contractual landscape within TPT. Identifying instances of service duplication, service gaps and opportunities for more consistent or cost effective service delivery. c) Identify key collaboration activities between key suppliers and ensuring that appropriate collaboration agreements are in place and are being actively managed and are (where possible) linked to the Service Credit regime. d) To Inform the TPT Commercial lead of supplier performance issues and risks arising (i.e. service credits, KPI/CPI volume rebates, benchmarking reductions)
5. Produce an ambitious and achievable annual savings target for TPT (incorporating targets as necessary into revisions of the Business Plan and TPT Project plans).
6. Carry out a strategic supplier review on behalf of TPT. Specifically including: a) Spend categorisation - Identifying strategic, leverage, critical and bottleneck suppliers b) Market analysis - Analyse relative supplier leverage and the Home Office's buying power as a customer c) Action planning - Plan how to change supplier/contractual relationships
7. The review will contribute towards securing critical supply chains, reducing costs and maximising TPTs purchasing power.
8. Development of guidance and resources for TPT/EUC budget holders introducing commercial best practice in establishing commercial agreements. This will support TPT budget holders in approaching commercial agreements with rigour, greater commercial awareness and consideration of public procurement regulations and ensure that best practice is engrained within TPT. Procurement
9. Support the development and management of procurement projects within TPT Programme so that it is able to procure key goods and services in time (avoiding gaps in service and anticipating major support requirements). Support TPT to contract for services within established budget and in support of TPT's target operating model and most recent PIC approved Business Case.
1. An expert in the ICT field, with a track record of delivering best practice solutions using agile methodology. 2. Full understanding of public sector procurement, and EU Regulations 3. Full knowledge of CCS Frameworks and methods of accessing those Frameworks 4. Previous experience of Home Office Commercial working arrangements and technology projects and approach.
1. Understanding of the government's digital and technology transformation agenda and why the government is changing the way it does digital and technology projects.
2. Experience in managing high value, technical IT contracts and leading on multiple procurements.
3. The ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, bring together people and views to inform decision making, and be willing to support work that isn't part of your core role.
4. Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080
Must have SC Clearance