Job Title: Junior Estimator
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 + package
Start date: ASAP
I am working with a main contractor in the Hampshire area who are looking for a Junior Estimator to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated employees. The individual will need to have practical experience, and also be eager to learn the ropes of Estimating.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Undertake some estimating duties.
- Estimating primarily high end residential domestic properties.
- Take some ownership of the estimating process, and follow a robust estimating procedure including managing all enquiries to sub-contractors, choosing applicable sub-contractors, and communicating other bid requirements to members of the bid team.
- Completing quantity take offs as required and completing schedules of work, or bills of quantities if applicable.
- Thoroughly analysing sub-contract returns (including sub-contract comparisons) and engaging with our supply chain throughout the bid to ensure suitable returns are provided.
- Completing elemental rate breakdowns at the completion of projects and helping to manage our internal cost database.
- Assist with multiple stage tenders, including completing preliminary costings, and forms of tender.
- Assist if necessary with pre-qualification questionnaire, and enquiry information.
- Detailed knowledge private residential building contracting.
- Have a good understanding of traditional building methods and products associated with the refurbishment of listed buildings and up-market period houses
- A practical, logical and methodical approach to thinking and problem solving, and excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to work in a team and communicate bid requirements to other members of that team.
- Be confident in dealing directly with Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Clients and Subcontractors.
- To be able to write clear and precise communications which might include detailed and complex figures, calculations and specific building information.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn construction management IT packages. Have a good working knowledge MS Office - Intermediate to advanced level of Excel
- Awareness of property taxation matters and contractual law
- Ability to complete take offs and produce detailed schedules of work when required.
- The ability to produce Bills of Quantities in line with SMM7, or NRM2
- Good experience working with estimating software like Esti-Mate, or ConQuest
Rewards and benefits:
The salary is dependent on experience, plus benefits- please get in contact if you wish to know more information about this.
If you would like more information on this role and are interested, please click the apply button below!