Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 + package
Start date: ASAP
I am working with a main contractor in the Hampshire area who are looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated employees. Experience of working in contracting on high-end residential projects up to £20m in the Basingstoke area. The individual will assist the members of the commercial department in managing all costs relating to building projects, saving money where applicable but still maintaining quality work.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Attendance and input into Project Handovers from estimating to live projects. Aid in setting up projects commercially
- Act in a manner befitting the status and responsibility of a senior surveyor and of the image of the company
- Have a good understanding of traditional building methods and products associated with the refurbishment of listed buildings and up-market period houses.
- Be confident in dealing directly with Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Clients and Subcontractors.
- Check all contracts and Letters of Intent that come into Basingstoke. Ensure they are in line with the tender; and cover us contractually without any undue risk- to be signed by a director; copies taken; & filed
- Ensure Final Account figures are being clearly reported to the client on all projects.
- Responsibility for ensuring that VAT assessments/calculations are correct.
- Previous industry experience
- Have a sound knowledge of all aspects of private residential contracting.
- Be hardworking, trustworthy and conscientious
- A practical, logical and methodical approach to thinking and problem solving.
- To be able to write clear and precise communications which might include detailed and complex figures, calculations and specific building information.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn construction management IT packages. Have a good working knowledge MS Office - Intermediate level of Excel
Rewards and benefits:
The salary is dependent on experience, plus benefits- please get in contact if you wish to know more information about this.
If you would like more information on this role and are interested, please click the apply button below!