Business Development Manager - Location: Portsmouth - £40,000-£60,000 salary
A brilliant opportunity has arisen in Portsmouth for a Business Development Manager to join an ambitious and growing regional building maintenance business with an expanding portfolio of contracts.
The company is on an exciting journey that will see it organically double in size over the next 5 years. You will join a company that has already delivered success with incremental contract wins. It is focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south coast of England. The identity, cultural fit and value alignment will be key to your success, as the company ethos of "integrity built in" defines the entire operations.
The Business Development Manager will play a key role in enabling the continued growth of the company. Joining a successful business, which has already seen nearly 30% growth in the last 2 years. Your role will be helping to identify, develop and win new opportunities across both of the company's divisions - one delivering long-term maintenance and facilities management contracts the other delivering construction and refurbishment projects. The role will enjoy a significant degree of autonomy whilst benefitting from the support of the Board of Directors.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- HND/Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Identify and actively build relationships with clients and professional advisors/consultants who are in target areas/markets to identify new opportunities for the company
- Support the retention of existing clients by working to understand their forward plans, key issues and objectives
- Oversee the design and management of marketing campaigns
- Develop a forward pipeline of opportunities - keeping the company's CRM system up-to-date
- Raise the profile of the company by planning and implementing an events programme - including attendance at industry, client and professional event
- Maintenance Generation of monthly pipeline reports for Board of Directors
- In depth understanding of the construction, property, housing and facilities management sectors
- Good general knowledge of construction and maintenance contracting and the role of the main players (clients, consultants, principal contractors)
- Experience of leading tendering and bid processes with public sector, education or housing association customers.
- Track record of identifying and winning new business opportunities within a similar environment
- A flexible and positive attitude
- A willingness to 'get stuck in' and do what it takes to help grow the business
- Good IT skills -- both MS Offices packages and CRM systems
- A self-starter - comfortable working independently with limited supervision
You will receive a salary circa of £40,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience) plus a car allowance, life insurance and 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays. In addition you will have access to our suite of benefits which include a car lease/buying scheme with preferential rates, the ability to buy or sell holiday to tailor your holiday to your individual requirements. Our cycling scheme to save money on new bikes as well as a childcare voucher scheme.
If you are interested in this position please contact me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.