Gas Safe Plumber - Location: Isle of Wight - £32-35,000 salary
You will be working mainly in people's homes and must therefore be able to maintain a professional appearance and attitude, whilst being polite and courteous at all times. Some tenants will be elderly and/or vulnerable which means that you must have well-developed interpersonal skills and be able to empathise with tenants that you interact with before, during and after undertaking your work.
Your purpose is to carry out the right work at the right time; which means a quality job completed efficiently in a safe, clean and tidy way. This is to ensure that the properties you service are compliant in terms of gas planned maintenance.
- The annual inspection and testing of boilers and the subsequent issue of Landlord Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) in live tenant and void environments covering across the Isle of Wight.
- Fault-finding, servicing and repairs to boilers and other gas appliances.
- Inspection and certification of other gas appliances such as cookers.
- Installation of new boilers and other gas appliances.
- The coaching, mentoring and assessment of a beginner or improver Gas Safe Plumber.
- Occasional associated plumbing work as required.
- Apply rigorous and sensible Health & Safety planning and practices in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE where needed.
- Be willing to work out of hours to the requirements of the client and participate on the call out rota, when required.
- Fully diagnose a job before starting work; identifying the materials you need and other trades that may be required for full completion.
- Communicate with the operations centre to provide your estimated completion time, materials used on the job and completion details.
- Ensuring the customer is kept fully up to date with all aspects of the work and that they understand any disruption to their day-to-day living that may arise from your work.
- Making sure that your work environment is always safe and tidy, with particular attention to the cleanliness of the work area as you leave.
- Ensuring your company vehicle is kept safe, clean and tidy at all time.
- This is not a list of everything you will do, above all we want you to be flexible and to contribute fully within abilities to enable the company to achieve its goals so be prepared to do whatever your job requires.
- Full current driving licence
- Gas Safe Registered
- Hold an ACS accredited qualification for a minimum of 5 years.
- Plumbing NVQ Level 3
- Unvented hot water certificate (advantageous)
- Over 5 years' experience as a registered gas safe plumber, ideally with a domestic background.
- A minimum of 1 year's gas related fault-finding experience.
- Coaching and mentoring and apprentice or improver gas safe plumber (advantageous)
Salary: £32-35,000 + Company Van & Fuel Card
23 days holiday + bank holidays
If you are interested in this position, please contact me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.