Health & Safety Manager - Location: Hampshire - £600 a Week
I am looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager who has knowledge within repairs and maintenance sector. The ideal candidate will come from the property services industry.
You will learn our trade risks, be guided and mentored through our business and will be responsible for raising the profile of Health, Safety and Environmental issues throughout the organisation and ensure a consistently safe working environment to all employees and customers, increased Near Miss emphasis and reduced injury rates within the group.
You will support the UK HSEQ function, ensuring a professional, effective and efficient service to all internal customers, providing advice and safety training. Establish high levels of understanding of health & safety rights and responsibilities throughout the organisation through effective communication at all levels across the business, you will be responsible for formulating a local area plan, in line with Company Policies and Procedures to ensure that the appropriate accreditations and assessments are in place across the organisation in line with our specific sectors and customer requirements.
Support managers in order to resolve staff problems over health and safety at work. This may include, as appropriate, visits to and inspection of workplaces, preparation of written reports, conducting research, the provision of advice and information, participation in direct meetings and negotiations with employers.
You will be a keen and interested candidate who aspires to being a HSE professional with:
- Excellent people management and communication skills.
- H&S qualification - Nebosh is essential
- Grad IOSH - minimum requirement
- Quality Auditor (IRCA) qualification - desirable
- Full clean driving license essential
- Experience of a multi-site blue-collar environment a distinct advantage
- Experience of managing diverse business trades, Joinery, Grounds Maintenance etc.
- Good Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, OHSAS 18001 standards and accreditations etc.
- Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other reporting tools
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight timescales
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to different circumstances with a customer-focused approach to delivering projects.
If you are interested in this position please contact me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.