Roofing Operative - Location: Hampshire - £29,120 per annum
This company is a national maintenance company who specialize in building and facilities maintenance. They pride themselves in being professional, honest, versatile and committed to providing a higher standard of quality, safety and technical excellence. They strive to deliver long-term successful partnerships with both their clients and the local communities whom they work alongside. They continually look to improve their services so they can deliver more for their customers and end users.
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic roofer with a can-do attitude and highly flexible approach to deliver high quality roofing repairs and maintenance works to a wide range of Council properties. The roofer must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass a DBS Vetting check.
- A minimum NVQ Level 2 in Roofing Occupations or equivalent
- PASMA trained
- Full clean current driving licence.
- A DBS check is required before commence of role
To maintain high client satisfaction through delivery of maintenance and repairs services ensuring a consistent and safe environment and balancing constantly changing priorities.
The most important elements relating to the work are:
- Carry out roofing repairs and maintenance and to ensure that all work undertaken is completed with due regard for quality, productivity and safety.
- Set up controlled working area using barriers.
- Refer to generic risk assessments and carry out point of work risk assessments.
- Inspect roof defects to determine the best repair solution and methods.
- Repair and maintain flat, tiled and slated roofs.
- Undertake minor carpentry work as necessary in association with roofing work.
- Carry out minor lead or metal flashing works in association with roofing work.
- Carry out minor repointing and brickwork associated with roofing work.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and returned promptly.
- Provide excellent service to clients and maintain a good customer relationship as a priority
- Represent the company at all times and ensure that customers are completely satisfied.
- Comply with HSG33 - Health & Safety in Roof Work
- Ensure compliance with relevant Acts of Parliament and Statutory Instruments; e.g. Local Authority Byelaws, Water Regulations, Building Regulations, HSE Codes of Practice.
- Salary - £29,120 per annum
- Holiday - 23 days per year + 8 days PH
- Life Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Company Van
If you are interested in this position, please contact me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.