Supervisor - Location: Havant - £32-34,000 per annum
This company is a national maintenance company who specialize in building and facilities maintenance. They pride themselves in being professional, honest, versatile and committed to providing a higher standard of quality, safety and technical excellence. They strive to deliver long-term successful partnerships with both their clients and the local communities whom they work alongside. They continually look to improve their services so they can deliver more for their customers and end users.
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Supervisor with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. Applicants must have qualifications and relevant experience in one of the following trades: Carpenter, Painter and Decorator, Roofer, Bricklayer, Ground Worker or Plumber but with broad experience and knowledge outside their core competency. The Supervisor must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all persons working on the HCC Contract must pass a DBS Vetting check.
- NVQ or equivalent in trade specific
- SSSTS Health and Safety (Desirable)
- Full clean current driving licence.
- A DBS check is required before commence of role
- Managing the delivery of repairs or elements of larger jobs
- Over 5 years trade experience, ideally with commercial experience
- IT knowledge and competency with numerous systems & programmes
To manage and support the Maintenance team effectively and ensure successful delivery of Contracts.
The most important elements relating to the work are:
- The management and allocation of all works to operatives, based on skills and availability, for them to manage and deliver
- Keep the Contract Manager and the client up to date with the overall delivery of works and the progress on any particular jobs which are important to them
- Support the operatives in their learning and development, ensuring they have the right technical and organisational skills to do their job
- Support for the Contract Manager when needed in the scoping, pricing and delivery of jobs
- Review the Work in Progress and update regularly in order to make sure work is completed in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Support the Resource Controller in delivering the service
- Understand and enforce health and safety at all times, carrying out tool box talks and other training with your team, whether on site or in the office
- Have overall responsibility for the planning and delivery of work including legal compliance and certification.
- Measure performance of the service and your team over time, understanding issues and implementing solutions to make the contract run better
- Be a part of the out of hours rota, being on-call if needed by tradesmen or the client
- Carry out induction of new staff members as necessary ensuring that
- Salary - £32-34,000 per annum
- Holiday - 23 days per year + 8 days PH
- Life Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Company Van
If you are interested in this position, please contact me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.