We're looking for Developers of all experiences and backgrounds who can work across a range of projects. During the application process, we will take your skills and any preference you express on board and aim to match you to an appropriate project. GDS staff move between projects on need and request and as a result, you may be required to learn a new language.
GOV.UK EU Exit - is the place to find government information and services. It's designed to make dealing with government simpler, clearer and faster. It's a microservices based architecture, primarily based upon Ruby on Rails, with elasticsearch, MongoDB, PostGres and a variety of other technologies.
GOV.UK Verify is the new way to prove who you are online. It is a service based architecture, primarily based upon Java.
GOV.UK Pay is a secure and easy way for government and public sector organisations to take payments online. Fully PCI-DSS compliant, this API-based platform is built using Java backend microservices and a Node.js presentation layer hosted using Docker and ECS in AWS
- Have experience in back-end development, with detailed knowledge of ideally one of these programming languages: Ruby, Java, Python or Go
- Understand software design principles
- Research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Take a systematic approach to solving problems
- Have experience of using testing to validate solutions
- Understand agile environments and version control
- Have a basic understanding about web security and accessibility
- Have an awareness of technologies used for web applications, e.g databases, backups, CDNs and search, and of Unix-like operating systems, e.g. Linux and/or Mac OS
- Have experience working on, or with web technologies
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 1pm 21th August 2019