- Conducting a mixed work load of injunctions and other civil litigation which would include private and public law actions.
- The post holder would need to be able to:
- Work to deadlines
- Draft witness statements
- Liaise with clients
- Give close attention to detail
- Provide legal and policy advice to clients
- Oversee the conduct of all files taking them through to settlement and or litigation when necessary
Outputs/Deliverables to be achieved:
- Uses a process of analysis, planning, scheduling, prioritising, action, quality monitoring and review.
- Takes responsibility for own work with substantial degree of autonomy but knowing when to consult and to delegate.
- Gives early warning to those affected by changing priorities, including the Reporting Officer.
- Displays an understanding of the resourcing requirements of own cases.
- Has up-to-the minute case files readily available.
- Displays an understanding of the context the client operates in.
Displays the professional attitude that client and company expect from a member of an organisation with a high reputation.
- Adopts a style most likely to build an effective working relationship with the client.
- Responds to reasonable client requests including agreeing achievable and realistic actions, timescales etc.
- Acknowledges clients' concerns and works to alleviate these in a way that balances client and Agency needs.
- Is alert to media interest which may have an impact on the reputation of the client and/or the Agency.
- Helps other team members to meet tight deadlines to preserve department's reputation.
- Display Civil Service Values, help other people, focus on customer service and look proactively for solutions.
- Keeps abreast of legal developments and current thinking on related policy issues.
- Uses training and other methods to refresh and improve their skills and knowledge.
- Fully qualified solicitors or barristers or equivalent
- Strong litigation experience
- Needs to be able to be nimble and adapt to new areas of the law
- Able to work unsupervised.
Ideally public law litigation experience in central gov't.
Team - Constitutional and social care team - main client DWP, Cabinet Office, DexEU, DHSC might be working on all or some of those.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 13/08 @ 12pm