CFT is programme within Reform responsible for provision of customer facing services within the Civil, Family and Tribunals jurisdictions and the common, technical capabilities required to enable the services to be provided and maintained efficiently.
The CFT Components Delivery Lead will be responsible for management across a number of technical service delivery teams which will be provided by multiple external suppliers. Each of these teams will have a Delivery Manager or scrum master, responsible for organisation of the delivery team on a day to day basis. The components will provide technical services to the CFT customer facing services as well as multiple stakeholders internal to HMCTS
CFT TECH PROGRAMME
MAX £700 PER DAY
Oversee and manage a team of Agile Delivery Managers. Providing guidance, mentoring and training in agile delivery across the team. Manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital team. Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning _ iterating frequently. Defining project needs and feeding these into the programme/portfolio process. Work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories. Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team. Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team. Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production).Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
• Hands on management of multiple technical delivery teams to a common outcome.
• Planning and reporting agile deliveries within a waterfall governance environment.
• Project management within a complex and highly regulated environment.
• Project management tools, specifically: MS Project or equivalent project planning tools plus Jira / Confluence / Trello / Slack
• Good understanding of Agile / Lean management approaches.
• SoW definition
• Familiarity with (but not necessarily a user of) Google Analytics, automated testing suites, data analysis tools, development and monitoring tools.
• Digital product development / management for consumer-facing products, with a good understanding of the roles played by user researchers, UX designers, content designers, developers, testers and web-ops in delivering products and services.
• Familiarity with service management approaches, such as ITIL is useful, but not essential.
• Able to communicate a vision / desirable outcome / goal to team members and trust them to deliver without micro-managing.
• Able to manage multiple business priorities and define an agreed order for delivery that stakeholders and team members have all bought into.
• Experience of leading multiple teams, with distributed team members working on different team goals.
• Capable of managing a broad range of stakeholders with a range of technical abilities / communication styles.
• Able to access and negotiate for resource from external teams when required i.e. web-ops, content design, etc.
• Able to grasp the structural (org chart) and political landscape of a large organisation and successfully build a network of stakeholders who can assist with delivery goals.
Security Clearance: BPSS/DBS
CV Deadline: 09/08 @15:00
IR35: Outside IR35