PART TIME 6 DAYS PER MONTH
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent is required in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Physics, or similar.
• A deep technical understanding of GNSS technologies across space/launch, system/ground and operations segments, the interoperability and trade off aspects across all technical areas of a GNSS system
• Vast years of demonstrated experience in the design, development, manufacture, launch and operations of spacecraft.
• Experience in the design and development of navigation spacecraft and payloads.
• Experience in launch service procurement and management.
• Extensive experience of the UK GNSS industry Sector
• Experience in multiple stages of the system and product design lifecycles
• Experience of large system architecture design and logical design thinking
• An understanding of System Engineering principles and processes
• Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
• Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
• Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organisational skills
The UK GNSS programme is being led by the UK Space Agency, in partnership with the Ministry of Defence to undertake an Engineering Design and Development Phase (EDDP) which will deliver a number of outputs related to design options for a UK-GNSS.
The high-level objectives of which are:
• Undertake system engineering and planning activities necessary to prepare for the implementation of a UK GNSS capability
• Provide technical inputs to support the preparation of a Business Case for the UK GNSS Capability
• Develop Authority procurement and industrialisation plans to ensure that the programme procurement and implementation is aligned with UK Government objectives and constraints
• Initiate critical development activities and early Long Lead Item procurements
The Navigation space segment and launch specialist will be part of a small team, supporting the UKGNSS Technical Director in the definition of the technical strategy, oversight of the technical activities and mentoring of the UKGSS Authority technical team.
To maintain independence and to enable appropriate oversight the specialist role would not be based in the London programme office, working predominately off site and attending programme meetings as and when required.
As a Navigation Space Segment and Launch Specialist, you will:
• Work with the UK GNSS Technical Director develop and maintain the space segment strategy.
• Work with the UK GNSS Technical Director develop and maintain launch strategy.
• Assess as required, of technical risk and mitigation plans to identify high risk areas for the Technical and Programme Director(s)
• Review and assess space segment and launch assumptions.
• Review key programme technical documents.
• Provide specialist advice and guidance for space segment and launch related activities.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to the UKGNSS customer technical team.
Security Clearance: SC CLEARANCE
Interview Process: F2F
CV Deadline: Friday 2nd Aug @ 5.30pm