Purpose of job
- To provide a high quality, professional and cost effective litigation service that achieves client satisfaction, maintains client base and contributes to the achievement of GLD, Division and Team objectives.
- To be accountable for all aspects of each allocated case from outset to case completion using key competencies.
- To comply with policies, standards, procedures and service level agreements set at GLD, divisional and team level.
This job profile sets standards for GLD Case Officers and should be read in conjunction with the GLD Core Competence Framework. This document indicates the competence level that in general the Divisional Heads consider necessary to do the various jobs in the Group. It can be found on the Litigation Overview page of the GLD Intranet.
Please also note that reasonable adjustments can be made to the competences in the case of people with disabilities in the same way that adjustments (where there is a disability to take into account) can be made elsewhere.
Technical and Professional Skills Level 3
Developing and Managing People Level 1-2
Business Partnership and Customer Care Level 3
Planning, Organisation and Delivery Level 3
Resource Management Level 1-2
Analysis Level 4
Leadership Level 1-2
An experienced civil litigation lawyer of at least 4 years PQE. Must have experience in public liability and employer's liability personal injury litigation including multi track claims. Defendant experience desirable but not essential. Experience in general civil litigation also desirable particularly in the area of property related litigation. This is a full time post and the candidate must be able to pick up an existing caseload. Experience of public sector work desirable but not essential'.
Fully qualified solicitors or barristers or equivalent
1) Personal Injury experience
2) Work across a number of cases
3) Able to work unsupervised.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 12/08 @ 12pm