With a key focus on helping to win more strategic long-term work in our core sectors, we seek an experienced Bid Manager to be based in Stockport or Manchester. The successful candidate will support our Utilities and Rail sectors in managing bids or proposal opportunities from qualification to contract award. They will be responsible for proposal planning, proposal development, organising reviews and approvals of the proposed offer and content, ensuring timely delivery of the proposal, and engaging with the customer and internal stakeholders during the proposal development (bidding) stage. They will lead multi-disciplinary teams in preparing proposals, including technical, management, contract, pricing, and other customer required deliverables. They will ensure our offer is compliant and responsive.
A key part of the role will be effective liaison with Sector Directors, Opportunity/Capture Managers, Account Managers, subject matter experts, and our bid team members.
- Detailed knowledge and significant experience of independently managing medium and/or high complexity bids, advising and supervising others, and adapting your approach to meet the complexity of the bid.
- Requirements management, i.e. capturing the clients needs to develop a schedule of requirements
- Planning, i.e. the ability to define the fundamental requirements of a bid, e.g. its scope, deliverables, timescales, resource requirements and budget.
- Scheduling, i.e. the ability to develop, produce and maintain schedules of activities that consider dependencies, resource requirements and constraints to realise the efficient delivery of a bid.
- Resource management, i.e. the ability to identify, profile and secure the resources required to deliver a bid.
- Resource allocation, i.e. the ability to allocate bid management resources between bids in order to optimise our return on investment.
- Risk and issue management, i.e. the ability to methodically identify, monitor and plan how to mitigate/respond to risks and issues, and implement the responses.
- Quality management, i.e. the ability to plan, develop, maintain and apply quality management processes to ensure the target quality of a bid is achieved.
- Knowledge management, i.e. the ability to identify, share and promote best practices and lessons learned towards creating an environment of continuous improvement.
- Practical experience of complying with governance requirements at various bid stage gates.
- Detailed knowledge and significant experience of using MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to compile, summarise and clearly present large amounts of information.
- Strong data analysis skills.
Click here to apply